It does not seem like that long ago, I was giving high fives, hugs, and well wishes to students and teachers as the 2015-16 school year came to a close. Now we are quickly approaching October 1st and the students are looking at the calendar wondering what to be for Halloween!
I want to remind you that we have many pieces of communication throughout our district.
- Throughout the year, please watch the District Newsletter for information to our patrons on activities taking place or already finished in the elementary building. If you would like to be added to the email or mailing list please contact email@example.com
- The elementary newsletter gives you important dates for events going on throughout the school year. It is important to me as the leader of this school, that we start the beginning of a new school year communicating as many events, activities, expectations, and planned routines as possible; so that all the families, students, teachers, staff, and visitors of Wilber Clatonia schools can have a successful school year! Look for the Elementary Newsletter in the Friday Folder typically in the middle of the month; this newsletter is specific to our elementary families. It will contain information from the elementary office, the health office, and different programs throughout the elementary.
- Watch your child’s Friday Folder for a classroom/grade level newsletter every week. The teachers put the information for the upcoming week into a newsletter to help relay the information from school to home on tests, important events, and scheduled items for parents.
- You can also check out our school website. Jane does a great job posting pictures and information to keep families updated. Some teachers utilize their website page to hold study guide information, while others use it to post pictures-go check it out!
- There is also a school facebook page under Wilber Clatonia Elementary School, I post updates or pictures on there to help keep our families informed.
- I also tweet things once in awhile to celebrate our successes, follow the hashtag #wcpawpride. With all these ways to communicate information to our students and parents, I also want to remind you that my door is always open.
This school year looks to be a busy one with all the things going on in our district and elementary building. Please help your student keep sight of the importance in their education. While the students attend Wilber Clatonia Elementary School for strong academics, we are also here to ensure our students are safe, respectful, growing socially, and emotionally. Students are our future and we must work together to ensure that they are prepared for their future. It takes a team of parents, teachers, staff, and administration to help the “STUDENTS BE THE BEST THEY CAN BE!”